MAJESCO ENTERTAINMENT LAUNCHES INTERGALACTIC ADVENTURE OF A LIFETIME AS ?ADVENT RISING? SHIPS TODAY FOR XBOX?
Six-Week ?Race to Save Humanity? Million Dollar Play-and-Win Contest Starts June 9
EDISON, N.J., May 31, 2005 ? An epic saga begins as Majesco Entertainment Company (NASDAQ: COOL ), an innovative provider of digital entertainment products and content , today announced Advent Rising, the first in a blockbuster trilogy of sci-fi action video games, has shipped to retail outlets nationwide. Available now for the Xbox ? video game system from Microsoft, and for personal computer on June 30, Advent Rising thrusts players into an intergalactic tale punctuated with innovative game play, stunning visuals, and a gripping storyline created in collaboration with award-winning sci-fi novelist, Orson Scott Card.
Majesco is supporting the launch of Advent Rising with its ?Race to Save Humanity? Million Dollar Play-and-Win contest beginning on June 9. Made possible only through Xbox? Live and running only for six weeks, the contest offers the first 500,000 eligible consumers who find hidden ?A? icons within the Xbox game a chance to win hundreds of weekly prizes and one grand prize of $1,000,000.
?With Advent Rising we not only wanted to create an innovative experience, but develop an entire universe in which players could completely immerse themselves,? said Ken Gold, vice president of Marketing for Majesco. ?Advent Rising?s masterful approach to graphics and game play mechanics coupled with the tremendous literary vision of Orson Scott Card will captivate the mind and emotions of the player, while pushing the bounderies of gaming to an exciting new level.?
?What I found most interesting about collaborating with Majesco and GlyphX Games on Advent Rising was their sincere desire to create a game in which the story served as the springboard for all the other elements,? added Orson Scott Card. ?Creating an engrossing story is paramount in establishing credibility with players and allows them to connect with what?s happening on screen for a much more meaningful experience.?
In Advent Rising, a common legend pervades the galaxy ? that of a powerful, ancient race that will one day unite the universe. Millions of cultures from vastly distant worlds revere and hallow these mythological beings known as Humans. One race, the Seekers, know Humans actually exist and are threatened by their potential power. Under the guise of benevolent explorers, the Seekers travel throughout the galaxy in a desperate attempt to eradicate any Human society they unearth.
Players assume the role of Gideon Wyeth, a remnant of the last human outpost, on the brink of discovering the incredible powers that lay dormant within him. It is these powers the Seekers are so desperate to suppress.
Exciting features in Advent Rising include:
* Unprecedented single-player action which allows gamers to continue playing through the thrilling cut-scenes rather than just watch them thus keeping them completely immersed in the world;
* Revolutionary Flick-Targeting control scheme allows for acrobatic movement and precise targeting of enemies while quickly switching between weapons and powers;
* Innovative game design allows players to make decisions that effect the outcome of their individual game play experience;
* Wield an arsenal of awesome weapons, all with unique alternate fire abilities, and develop amazing superhuman powers including energy blasts, levitation and energy shields;
* Intense vehicular combat allows players to fly, drive and battle with a variety of vehicles;
* Players can easily switch from third to first-person point-of-view;
* Originally composed soundtrack performed by award-winning 70-piece Hollywood orchestra and members of a legendary tabernacle choir. Live orchestral and vocal elements are utilized to create a variety of musical themes played throughout the game;
* Built using next-generation Unreal technology, integrated with the Karma physics engine;
* Unique cut-scene management feature allows players to pause, skip, or replay cinematic sequences;
* Downloadable content from Xbox Live and PC online;
* Dolby Digital 5.1 support.
Additional information about Advent Rising and the ?Race to Save Humanity? contest can be found at: www.adventtrilogy.com .
About Majesco Entertainment Company
Headquartered in Edison, NJ, Majesco Entertainment Company ( NASDAQ : COOL ) is an innovative provider of digital entertainment products and content . The Company?s three product lines include Games, which includes highly anticipated titles such as Advent Rising and JAWS? Unleashed; Videos, which highlights the Company?s platform-independent video compression technology; and Gadgets, which includes innovative digital entertainment products like Frogger?TV Arcade. More information about the Company can be found online at www.majescoentertainment.com.
Certain statements contained herein are "forward-looking statements" within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995, Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933, as amended, and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended. These forward-looking statements may be identified by reference to a future period(s) or by the use of forward-looking terminology, such as "may," "will," "intend," "should," "expect," "anticipate," "estimate" or "continue" or the negatives thereof or other comparable terminology. The Company's actual results could differ materially from those anticipated in such forward-looking statements due to a variety of factors. These factors include but are not limited to, the demand for our products; competitive factors in the businesses in which we compete; continued consumer acceptance of the gaming platforms on which our products operate and our products; fulfillment of orders preliminarily made by customers; adverse changes in the securities markets and the availability of and costs associated with sources of liquidity. The Company does not undertake, and specifically disclaims any obligation, to release publicly the results of any revisions that may be made to any forward-looking statements to reflect the occurrence of anticipated or unanticipated events or circumstances after the date of such statements.
Xbox is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries.