Microsoft has announced that the master copy of the highly anticipated 'Gears of War' is complete and it has been sent off for mass duplication. To celebrate the accomplishment, Microsoft has released a special sneak preview trailer available for download now on Xbox Live, and they have announced a whole bevy of special events leading up to the November 12th launch of the game. (Read about them in the below press release
If you aren't familiar with the title, 'Gears of War' is being touted as Microsoft's next 'Halo', and is expected to gain some Xbox 360 attention (and sales) during the upcoming Wii vs. PS3 battle. In it you will fight for the survival of the human race against the Locust Horde, "a nightmarish race of creatures that surface from the bowels of the planet". Microsoft brags that the M-rated title blends the best of tactical gameplay with the best of survival horror titles.
Official 'Gears of War' Site
Continue Article ↓
Emergence Day Events Revealed As “Gears of War” Goes Gold
Emergence Day looms closer as Microsoft celebrates upcoming launch of “Gears of War” with release of special sneak preview trailer available now on Xbox Live; announces full list of special events timed for day of launch
Microsoft Game Studios and Epic Games, Inc. announced today that “Gears of War” has gone gold. To celebrate the passing of the “gone gold” development milestone, a sneak preview of the TV and cinematic trailer is available now on Xbox Live.
Emerging onto store shelves acrosss the nation on Nov. 12, “Gears of War” is set to deliver exciting action and horrific battles that can only be created by a chainsaw bayonet this Holiday.
Xbox Live will celebrate Emergence Day with 24-hours of special events beginning at 12:01 a.m. PST on Sunday, Nov. 12. Xbox Live Gold members in North America will have a chance to participate in online tournaments, download videos, win prizes and participate in a variety of activities including:
- A 24-Hour Leader board Tournament. The tournament winner receives a one of a kind “Gears of War” branded guitar as well as an automatic bye to the finals of a Global “Gears of War” Tournament planned for 2007.
- Hourly sweepstakes drawings and prize giveaways including the chance to win one of several Samsung HT-P29 Dolby 5.1 Surround Sound Systems.
- An exclusive free “Gears of War” Gamer pic and theme only available on Emergence Day.
- Game with Fame sessions with legendary heavy metal band and “Gears of War” fans Megadeth, the game’s lead designer Cliff Bleszinski and other members of the Epic Games team
- Never before seen videos including a special Emergence Day transmission from Cliff Bleszinski
- An MTV “Gears of War: The Road to Launch” Sneak Preview
Gamers should continue to check back to www.xbox.com for more details on these and other Emergence Day events.
From Epic Games, “Gears of War” thrusts gamers into humankind’s epic battle for survival against the Locust Horde, a nightmarish race of creatures that surface from the bowels of the planet. This M-rated game blends the best of tactical action games with the best of survival horror titles. “Gears of War” features cinematic, beautifully rendered interactive environments with high-definition visuals. “Gears of War” will be widely available at retailers nationwide on Nov. 12 for $59.99. A Limited Collectors Edition will also be available that will include a an official “Destroyed Beauty” art-book and a bonus DVD featuring an inside look at the making of the game, all enclosed in a highly collectible metal tin box for $69.99.