Brothers in Arms games are my favorite of the three major console WWII franchises as they require a bit of strategy, allowing you to move teams of men into differnet positions. The thought of being able to use the Wii controller to move men, perform hand signals, and aim is quite exciting.
Ubisoft says that the DS version will be out this summer and that the Wii version will debut this fall. When more info is available, we'll update you.
UBISOFT AND GEARBOX SOFTWARE DEPLOY BROTHERS IN ARMS® TO NINTENDO DS™ AND Wii™
Paris, FRANCE – April 4th, 2007 – Today Ubisoft, one of the world’s largest video game publishers, and Gearbox Software, one of the world’s leading independent video game developers, announced that the critically acclaimed and multimillion-unit selling Brothers In Arms® franchise is in development for the Nintendo DS™ and Wii™ systems. Scheduled to ship this year, Brothers In Arms® Double Time (fall) and Brothers In Arms® DS (summer) will, for the first time, immerse Nintendo® system owners into the intensity of World War II through the stories of Sergeants Baker and Hartsock and their squad of paratroopers during the Normandy invasion.
“Brothers In Arms on the Wii and DS systems is really exciting for us,” said Randy Pitchford, president of Gearbox Software. “I am a huge fan of both systems and thrilled about making games for the two platforms. In the entire space of first-person shooters on video game systems, Brothers In Arms really lends itself to both the Wii and DS interfaces. Imagine using the Wii Remote to give actual hand signals or aiming with the DS stylus from a covered position. That’s what you can look forward to with Brothers In Arms Double Time and Brothers In Arms DS.”
Brothers In Arms Double Time brings the best of this acclaimed WWII action franchise to the Wii system, while adding the use of innovative gameplay with the Wii Remote™. Brothers In Arms DS brings all the action and strategy of the series to a handheld, utilizing the DS Touch Screen to control the squad.
Brothers In Arms Double Time Key Features:
• Next-Generation Brothers In Arms: The award-winning WWII franchise comes to the Wii system with all of the action, story and authenticity that has critics and fans eager for more.
• Combining All 31 Playable Levels: Play as Sergeants Matt Baker and Joe Hartsock, leading your squad behind enemy lines through the Normandy invasion.
• Unrivaled Authenticity: Fight actual Airborne Infantry battles of D-Day accurately recreated using thousands of official photos, maps, After-Action Reports and eyewitness accounts under the direction of Military and Historical Director, Col. John Antal.
• Challenging and Dynamic Combat: Featuring close-quarter urban environments and a next-generation artificial intelligence system, Brothers In Arms Double Time promises to take authentic military action to the next level on the Wii system.
• Enhanced Control Scheme: Issue orders and perform military gestures to command and lead your team using the Wii Remote.
Brothers In Arms® DS Key Features:
• First Brothers In Arms for the DS System: Exclusively designed for Nintendo DS with easy-to-use, stylus-based controls such as using the Touch Screen to aim, with the camera following the stylus.
• Impressive, Realistic 3D Graphics: Incredibly detailed environments with highly believable characters and enemies, cinematic camera angles, and great animation.
• Drivable Vehicles: Drive a recon car or a Sherman Tank. Use a wide range of weapons such as bazookas, sniper rifles, grenades and more to destroy your enemy.
• 16 Missions and Three Different Campaigns: Relive the intensity of WWII through three different campaigns, from Normandy to North-Africa and Ardennes.
• Redesigned New Multiplayer Experience: Fight major multiplayer battles with three of your friends in different multiplayer modes, including Deathmatch and Team Deathmatch.
• Contextual Movements: Gameplay adapted to the Nintendo DS hardware with auto-cover behind walls or auto-recovering life system.
• An Unrivalled Sense of Drama: Experience a stronger emotional factor, due to the third-person view and dialogue between soldiers.
For more information about Brothers In Arms, please visit www.brothersinarmsgame.com.
© 2007 Ubisoft Entertainment. All rights reserved. Brothers In Arms is a trademark of Gearbox Software and is used under license. Ubisoft, Ubi.com and the Ubisoft logo are trademarks of Ubisoft Entertainment in the U.S. and/or other countries. Gearbox Software and the Gearbox logo are registered trademarks of Gearbox Software, LLC. TM, ®, Nintendo DS, and Wii are trademarks of Nintendo. © 2006 Nintendo.
Ubisoft is a leading producer, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment products worldwide and has grown considerably through its strong and diversified lineup of products and partnerships. Ubisoft has offices in 21 countries and sales in more than 50 countries around the globe. It is committed to delivering high-quality, cutting-edge video game titles to consumers. Ubisoft generated revenue of 547 million Euros for the 2005–2006 fiscal year. To learn more, please visit www.ubisoftgroup.com.
Gearbox Software, an independent video game development studio located in Dallas, TX, is respected industry-wide for their ability to create award winning, blockbuster interactive entertainment. With Brothers In Arms Road to Hill 30, Gearbox Software launched its first original brand, receiving critical acclaim and record sales in 2005. Gearbox Software is currently developing original titles for next generation video game consoles and Windows Vista. Additional information regarding Gearbox Software can be found at www.gearboxsoftware.com.