The latest issue of Game Informer magazine is beginning to arrive at the doorsteps of gamers across the country. Inside that GI are the first details of GTA4
. According to GTA4.net
, here is what they know thus far:
* The protagonist's name is Niko Bellic, which we believe is Croatian or Serbian.
* Multiplayer is set to be announced.
* You can use a cellphone to call your contacts.
* Apparently there are no planes because there is only one city in the game.
* You have a lot of choice over what you want to do. You still have to take orders from people during missions, but you can also choose how you want to spend your time, e.g "I want to hang out with him, or her... I want to go see this guy 'cause he always has something to do..."
* The story unfolds in a number of different ways. R* is giving people more freedom, more choice and more sense of control over their destiny - the structure of the storyline is quite different to previous games.
* The demo which Game Informer played was for the Xbox 360 version of the game.
As a gamer I applaud "more freedom". As a strategy guide writer, I hate "more freedom". As a game industry analyst, I know R* well enough to know "more freedom" means very, very little. It's merely a selling point that will add little to the game.
Continue Article ↓