A lot of you may be new to Halo or Halo multiplayer. You may be confused and overwhelmed by the Halo 3 demo, what with getting killed almost instantly and not knowing what does who and why goes where. See, I told you that you're confused.
It is for this reason that I humbly offer some very basic tips to get you through your first few sessions of the Halo 3 beta. If you're already an expert, and have some helpful tips to add, please do so in the comments section.
- Learn your controls - If the controls don't feel right to you, ie, you need to invert the Y-Axis, then hit "Start" and push right on the Left Control Stick to enter the "Controls" menu. It is here that you can adjust your controls to your liking. Also, go into "Button Layout". Here you'll see what each button does. Be sure to note your "Reload" (RB) and the "Melee Attack" (B).
- Learn some Weapons basics - You don't have to be a seasoned pro to earn some kills, but it does help if you know what the heck your weapons are doing. If your weapon has a zoom feature, you can use it by clicking down on the Right Control Stick (R3). In general, you'll want to use long range weapons like the Sniper Rifle and the Battle rifle from a distance and weapons like the shotgun close up in order to be most effective. The first few times you play, pick up lots of different weapons and see which ones you like.
- Jump when under attack - This is one of those general multiplayer rules. If you're under fire, jump. You are harder to hit when you're jumping. If you're just travelling from cover to cover, you don't have to jump as that may make you more obvious.
- Learn to use and love your Melee attack - The melee attack (B) is basically an elbow bop to the face. If you're in close quarters with an enemy, this is a very effective attack.
- If you're not moving, you don't show up on radar - Just keep that in mind. Run to where you want to go, stop, look around, run to the next location.
- To switch between types of grenades, hit LB - I say this because I really like the spike grenade (don't know the real name of it). If you toss this type of grenade at an enemy, it'll stick into him and blow him up.
- Active camoflauge doesn't make you invisible - The blue orbs that you see are active camoflauge. Pick one up to activate it. You are definitely harder to see, but don't go around thinking you're invisible.
- Dual-Wielding weapons is cool - Certain types of weapons can be dual-wielded, meaning that you can hold one in each hand. If you're holding a one-handed weapon, like the SMG, then when you walk over another one-handed weapon, you'll be prompted to pick it up with the other hand. While dual-wielding, you cannot throw grenades, so keep that in mind.
That's all of the sage advice I have for you now. If I think of anything else, I'll add to this post. Happy gaming!
Continue Article ↓